FRESH RICOTTA ON SOURDOUGH TOAST
WITH STRAWBERRIES AND BEETS
By Chef Stephen Herman, Word of Mouth Restaurant | Made with local Georgia milk
- 1 gallon of whole milk
- 1 pint half and half
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup white vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh-made sourdough
- 1 cup roasted beets
- 1 cup strawberries
- Tablespoon of honey
- ½ tablespoon of EVOO
- Pinch of Thyme
- Bring 1 gallon of whole milk to a simmer.
- Add pint of half and half, heavy cream and buttermilk. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add white vinegar.
- Strain through a cheese cloth, reserve whey for another use.
- Season fresh cheese with salt and pepper.
- Toast sourdough, slice and place ricotta on bread.
- Top with fresh strawberries and roasted beets.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle honey and EVOO over dish.
- Sprinkle with thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
Show us a picture of your delicious creation.