CREAMY POLENTA WITH CHIANTI BEEF
By Chef Massimo Mariano, Private Chef
- 2 cups of whole milk
- ½ stick of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of polenta
- 8 ounces of parmesan cheese
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 ½ ounces of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces of chianti
- 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 4 8-ounce pieces of filet mignon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large sprig of sage, chopped
- Combine milk with butter and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and slowly add and whisk polenta.
- Stir between 5 to 8 minutes until creamy.
- Turn the heat off and mixed in parmesan cheese.
- Set it aside and make the chianti sauce.
- Dice the onions, carrots and celery.
- Put olive oil in a pan and sauté vegetables until they are translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add one cup of all-purpose flour and cook for about five minutes and then add red wine.
- Reduce until syrupy.
- Add tomato sauce and two cups of beef stock.
- Simmer for about 10 to 15 minuets until it is nice and thick.
- Coat filet mignon in salt and pepper to taste.
- Pan sear the filet mignon to desired temp.
- Put a nice bed of polenta on the plate, add the seared filet mignon and cover generously with the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh chopped sage.