PEACH-STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
By Chef John Szymanski, Kroger Head Chef
Blue Ridge Mountains Region
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf Italian bread
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/3 cup chopped peaches
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Cut ends from bread. Cut bread into 6 slices; cut a pocket through top crust of each slice.
Stuff each slice evenly with cream cheese mixture; place in a 13x9-inch dish.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, and vanilla; pour over bread slices.
Cover and chill 30 minutes, turning once.
- Cook bread slices on a lightly greased griddle over medium-high 3 minutes on both sides until golden. Finish cooking in 350F oven for 10 minutes. Serve with butter pecan syrup.
- Butter Pecan Syrup: 1 Tbsp. butter 1/4 cup chopped pecans 1/4 cup maple syrup. Heat, then pour over French toast.